2.23.2010

wisdom

Lee Krasner, Listen (1957)

I found this quote via etsy on kendra zvonik's page.
"I never violate an inner rhythm. I loathe to force anything . . . I don't know if the inner rhythm is Eastern or Western. I know it is essential for me. I listen to it and I stay with it. I have always been this way. I have regards for the inner voice."
-lee krasner

I really love that. I like the idea of inner rhythm even more than "inner voice." It does feel more like a rhythm to me--sometimes a lull, a beat, or sometimes a song. It's almost harder to ignore than to just go with it. I do this to myself...I ignore that inner voice. There are days where I procrastinate everything I want to do--whether it's exercise, art, being present. It's like I don't think I deserve to do what I really want to do. Hmmmm.
Today I will remember Lee Krasner's words today. Especially tonight during my art journaling class. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment